Friday, April 27, 2012

Holy Moly

Well, the little nugget will be here before we know it.  He is scheduled to arrive Monday, May 7th!!  Based on his size (estimated at 9lbs 2 oz) and he huge head, and a couple other medical issues, my doctor thinks it is best to deliver him via c-section.

It was not what I planned, but I really trust my doctor and her opinion.  It feels so weird to have an exact date and time to expect him (I know he can come early, but still.)  But part of me is happy to know when instead of just waiting for labor to start.

I am really nervous about the actual surgery.  I have never even had stitches, let alone surgery or anesthesia.  I am also nervous about the recovery, I don't have the best tolerance for pain. 

Now i just need to get through the next 10 days until I can meet my little man.

2 comments:

  1. Hello stopping by via the World Bloggers April Hop. I have had 2 c-sections, one emergency and 1 planned. It's so much better planning one, you know what to expect etc. SO it's good your doctor advised it due to baby size etc. The stitches aren't so bad, and the joy of your little one finally arriving takes away the pain.

    Following you everywhere we can connect.

    http://www.scatteredmusings.net/2012/04/tropical-traditions-gold-label-virgin-coconut-oil-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you, I can't wait to see bubba pics! x

    ReplyDelete