Tuesday, March 27, 2012

How I got in this situation

My husband and I have been married almost 5 years now.  I decided to go off birth control in Jan. 2011.  It took months for my system to regulate - months of zits, never ending periods and bloating.  But finally by May 2011 my periods were fairly regular and we decided to start trying to conceive.  Then all hell broke loose.

At the time my husband and I were living in Kansas City and working for the same organization but in different departments.  A big work crisis occurred and we were both sent to work about 4 hours away.  The first week or so was great, we were there together and staying in the same hotel room.  Then, he got to go home, and I had to stay - for 3 more months.  At the time I was working 7 days a week, so I only got to go home one weekend a month.  So much for our baby making plans (or so I thought).

In early August the hubby saw a job listing for his dream job in CT.  Now I am originally from CT and all my family was still there, so of course I encouraged him to apply.  After a whirlwind couple weeks of interviews, the hubby landed the job and we were CT bound.  There were a couple more crazy weeks of giving notice and packing and then we were on our way to our new life in CT.

The move was so fast, we did not have time to find a place to live.  So the hubby's company agreed to put us up in a hotel for the first month.  So after a 20+ hour drive we arrived at a Hilton late one Friday night in early Sept. with a full car and our 2 dogs. 

The hubby started his new job on Monday and tried to find something to do to occupy my time.  On Tuesday (our 4th day in CT) I decided to hit the hotel gym.  Well, I felt like it hit me like a ton of bricks, I knew I was out of shape but I didn't think it was that bad.  The more I thought about it, I was also super tired, maybe just from the crazy past few weeks?  And hmm, wasn't I supposed to have my period??

I decided to buy a test and wait til the hubby got home (or back to the hotel, actually) to take it.  Before I could even pull up my pants, that stick had turned to a plus!  We were shocked!  Of course we had been trying, but after our crazy summer, it was the furthest thing from our minds.  We still can't even figure out when we conceived.  We barely saw each other all summer and when we did, we were too tried for sex.  I still half think it may have been an immaculate conception.

Next up, how I ended up pregnant, homeless and left my husband to move 1200 miles away....

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm Sarah Carletti from Bloggy Moms. Transitioning from working outside the home to inside the home can be challenging but is so worth it. Best wishes and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a roller coaster ride!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad to have you and following you back. Can't wait to read more of your story.

    have a great night/day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy story so far, looking forward to reading the rest!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) <3 new followers!

    ReplyDelete